Monday, January 25, 2010

Looking Back



Week 4:

"Looking Back"

This image came out of a conversation I had with one of my friends that was freaked out of pictures of me from the time span of 15-22 years old. She says that I don't even look like the same person at all, and I have gotten this from multiple people as well. It's funny because those same people who noticed this will remark that my baby pictures look like me, but something about those 7 years changed my appearance so drastically. I was very skinny, and wide eyed naive, and scared of the world, and it is such a stark difference from the person I am now. I almost feel like I trapped my younger self in this piece and she's left in this rubble of an adolescence that I escaped, and shes watching me sail away...

No comments:

Post a Comment